Guest Bath Remodel ~ The Finishing Touches

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

bath remodel  polished nickel fixtures
The guest bathroom was our first total gut job.
This remodel was long and hectic,
definitely a lesson in patience and adjusting expectations,
but most importantly . . . it was worth it!

It is a little hard to take pictures of this room, but here goes…

We chose polished Carrara marble to tile the back wall above the double vanity,
the side walls from the chair rail down,
 and also to tile the floor.

I am searching for a vanity stool but in the meantime
this $3 find I painted with AS chalk paint will do.

#15



The walls are finished in Decorator White from Benjamin Moore.


#14 - 2



The lighting over each sink is from Hudson Valley ~ Newport collection in polished nickel.


#11




We found that custom cabinetry was the most economical option for the double vanity

and used a local cabinet maker.  He was so easy to work with and did a wonderful job.


#13




We are so happy with the Rohl fixtures,
the design is classic and the quality is so nice.

The vanity fixtures are from Rohl ~ Country Bath collection in polished nickel.


#3 - 333




#2



  #4



The train rack double towel bar is from Pottery Barn ~ Mercer collection in PN.


#12




The shower curtain has just enough ruffle and was purchased on Etsy from Simply French Market... I love it!

#5


Pencil tiles in Carrara was used to frame the subway tile around the bathtub

and

pieces of Carrara from the previous bath was used to complete the niche.

#8---2



#9 



The tub and shower fixtures are also from Rohl ~ Country Bath collection in polished nickel.

We have more baths and a kitchen to remodel and will more than likely use more of their products.

 #7




#16



#22



A lace valance was used for the window treatment.

#21


I’m usually not a matchy-matchy kind of girl but I wanted the bath hardware and accessories to coordinate.  I was unable find any collections that included all the items needed, so after much searching…

~ The train rack was purchased from Pottery Barn ~ Mercer Collection in PN

~ The vanity hardware and robe hooks were purchased from Lowe’s ~ Allen & Roth in PN.

~ The hand towel and tissue paper holders were purchased from Baldwin Brass ~ Brunswick Collection in PN.

They look great together…yippee!

collage - to use! 


In case you missed it, This is how it all began...

Thanks so much for coming, please leave a comment so we’ll know you did!

For a tour of our home go here.


Join us each week for AMAZE ME MONDAY

 Like Me On Facebook  Follow My RSS Feed Add me to your circles on google plus Follow Me on Pinterest  Contact Me  Follow Me on Bloglovin  Follow Me on Twitter  Follow Me on Instagram

61 comments:

  1. Awesome transformation! I love all of the chosen finishes, so classy! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Your guests will never want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday Cindy,
    Wow, your bathroom could not have turned out any better........it is so gorgeous. I love the towel rack (forgot
    what you called it) will have to go back and look now! lol the one in got from Pottery barn.
    Yes, we found the hardware a bit of a problem to find too, when we were doing our bathroom as well, but it all turned out fine, thankfully~

    Bet you walk in there a few times a day just to look at it........I certainly would. Such Fun, and so thrilling when it all comes out the way you want it or even better......

    Have a great day hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous, Cindy. I love all your fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is top notch gorgeous Cindy. You did not miss a detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous and I'm sure it must be a huge relief to have it finished!

    PS: I'm still having a problem with typing a comment and it just disappears before I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy-That turned out really, really great. I love ALL your choices-right down to the ruffled shower curtain- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bathroom is gorgeous!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Cindy! Your bathroom is gorgeous! I just love everything about it and it's almost as beautiful as you!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks wonderful! Love your ruffled shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love the finished bathroom. I'm a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bathroom looks AMAZING! What a beautiful retreat! I especially love that light fixture! =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. BINGO! I came back to see if I could figure out my commenting issue and I DID! I typed "testing" in the comment box and when the page finally finished loading, (I could see it spinning in the tab) it ate my comment. Then I was able to type this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, this is totally stunning. I love all the marble and the new cabinets are so beautiful. What a fabulous redo. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, and double WOW! this is one stunning guest bathroom. Your guests must feel like pampered kings and queens when they come for a visit. This is just incredible. Thanks for stopping in. hugs ~lynne ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, this is a luxurious bath! Any guest would be quite pleased to use this bath! Thanks for the visit! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love every single thing you did in this bathroom! Thanks for sharing and thank you for your sweet comments! :)
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful room! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, CIndy! This looks amazing! Very beauiful! It looks so fresh and clean too....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. My, my,my what can I say this is just magnificent ;)
    One want to be one of your first guess.....lol....
    Really I do.....heehee

    Big smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cindy,
    Your bathroom makeover looks outstanding! Luv all the tile and that shower curtain is so charming. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, your bathroom turned out so gorgeous, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Im just in love with your bathroom! Like I said before, its a stunning make! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Cindy, this bath should be in HOUSE BEAUTIFUL. Love the shower curtain. hugs, olive

    ReplyDelete
  25. So fantastically gorgeous. Our guest bath is our next make-over, and I want ours to turn out as beautiful as yours. Congratulations and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh, I could LIVE in that bathroom!!! LOL You did an amazing job, Cindy... Visiting from The Ironstone Nest´s "Transformation Tuesday" :)
    Hugs,
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful bathroom, love your choice of vintage style fixtures!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your bathroom remodel--and I am just wild about the Rohl faucets, the colors, counters, floor. Just everything! I'm off to look at the "before" pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So very GORGEOUS! This is so my kind of look. You did a beautiful job selecting all the finishes. Wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your remodel. You did an awesome job! Just beautiful. So calm and serene. Came over from Cindys and am so glad I did. N.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh My! I'm drooling over here! It's all so pretty and perfect. Love the lighting, the facuets, the shower curtain - ok maybe I should just say I love it all. Well done, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful bath. I love your choice of marble and all of the hardware that you chose. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful! Looks so crisp.
    Here from Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper.

    ReplyDelete
  34. found you over at Seasonal Sundays..your bathroom is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just beautiful! luv every single detail.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a gorgeous transformation. Love the marble, and all the beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  37. New follower here. Love how this turned out - very spa like and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your bathroom looks absolutely beautiful! I love your vanity. I have to say that after just cleaning our desparately-needs-some-updating bathroom I am oh so envious. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is gorgeous. I love every inch of it. Visiting from Wow us Wednesdays, and following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Cindy, The bathroom is gorgeous! I love your choice of tiles and countertop. Everything is beautiful.
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just amazing and I am sure you never want to leave from in there!:) Thanx for joining THT.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sigh . . . so beautiful, so serene and so classic. I love everything about your master bath. Thanks for sharing the beauty. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  43. Simply beautiful! It must be wonderful to use everyday, just like going to a spa!
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Every inch and detail of your new bathroom is perfection to me. Simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love all of that marble! Gorgeous! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  46. Totally beautiful. Love the shower curtain you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Absolutely fantastic. No other words can describe it. Are they really very costly?

    ReplyDelete
  48. Coming over from SSS. Lovely bathroom reno. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  49. wow wow wow!! so gorgeous!! love the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  50. That's the best bathroom remodel I have seen so far. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This bathroom will look wonderful 30 years from now! Classic design never goes out of style. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  52. reminds me of Turkish baths (hammam( cos everywhere is marble, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great job!! I really appreciate your work.You did very hard work on your project that's why tour bathroom is looking so wonderful.Keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
  54. OK How did I miss this, it is just gorgeous, fabulous job
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  55. Cindy, Awesome transformation. Your bathroom looks so gorgeous.

    Reshma

    ReplyDelete

Your visits make my day and so do your sweet comments. Thank You!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...